Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Sunday Currently, Vol. 1




READING a new devotional from Joena San Diego titled She Is An Answered Prayer. This book came two weeks ago and I've been consistently reading its daily reflections! Today's Sunday message talks about Jesus loving us even in our most sinful hours. We've all had our own share of shameful wrongdoings, but He is all willing to give us a fresh start. Joena's devotionals have always been my favorite as they speak too close to my heart. 

WRITING my blog entry titled God Is Bigger Than Your Shame for Wordpress. I have only laid down the structure but I am already thrilled to get this started. This is a topic that I've dealt within the past so I'm hoping I can touch the hearts of the readers as I share my own experiences.

LISTENING to Sweet To Me by Summer Salt. I was going through my Top 2018 Songs playlist and I'm surprised this made it to Top 5. I immediately knew why the moment I played it. Brings me back to my long MyBus trips going home from the airport.

THINKING about how my planned July social media break will go. After intently praying this week, I bumped into the same messages telling me about 'hushing the busy noise on social media' and focusing more on the peaceful quiet where I can spend more time worshiping Him without the influences of the outside world. Truly, I've never been this willing to uninstall all my phone apps! God had blessed me with my pure intentions as I journey closer to Him.

SMELLING the scent of eucalyptus as I scroll through aesthetic clinics online. I miss getting massages and waxing sessions although I've recently decided to cut down on those unnecessary expenses. I still miss them but I now genuinely enjoy taking care of myself more and saving a handful of money.

WISHING this pandemic will end sooner than the experts are saying.

WEARING my batik-designed duster given by my Lola 6 years ago. My go-to homewear whenever I feel like I need a break from my bustling thoughts.

LOVING the movie Little Women (2019). I finished it this morning and guess who laughed and shed her tears throughout? There's a connection between me and the characters, especially Jo---the struggles of wanting to be a successful woman for yourself and for your family. You can watch it on Netflix!

WANTING to see my Lola again. I've been calling her everyday since last week. She used to come visit us every Sunday (she likes to go out on her own even at the age of 72. Praise the Lord!), so I terribly miss her comforting smell and the never-ending masungit rants. 

NEEDING desperately for an income, although I haven't made up my mind on leaving the airport. It's been tough not having a job (and not earning) so I'm still thinking of ways to earn even if that means I have to resign. The aviation industry unfortunately cannot cater to that.

FEELING hopeful and hopeless. It's hard not knowing what happens next especially in today's conditions.



Here's to the madness and more blessed Sundays.

Anne x


✧ ✧ 


(The Sunday Currently is hosted by Lauren over at siddathornton. Found inkycherie's versions and I decide to start one myself, too. Spread the love by writing your own posts & linking back.)



No comments:

Post a Comment