Monday, July 6, 2020

Twenty-Two Questions : Answered!

Hello, hope all is well.

Another month had passed by and here we are with July. We have finished half of the year with it shifting to unexpected courses. I haven't been back to work so here I am, trying to finish the anime series Naruto. Seriously, the amount of sleep I've lost for this! (But I'm enjoying it so much. -cries-)

As part of my writing journey, I wanted to ask myself and share you the answers to these life questions I found while circling around Pinterest. 




1. What does your ideal day look like?

An ideal day would consist of good mornings, sweaty exercises, cooking sessions, sunset sightseeing, and Netflix marathons. With this fast-paced world we're in, I desire those mundane days when I don't have think too much. 

2. What did you want to be when you were younger?

A lot. I felt like becoming whatever I desired to be. I watched too much Strawberry Shortcake one time that I dreamed of becoming a gardener. On other months, I wanted to become a broadway performer, sometimes, a receptionist, a cashier, a cook, a nurse, a teacher, a voice-actress. Maybe that's why up until the age of 22, I couldn't point exactly where I want to be. I am many things. 





3. Who are you most inspired by? Why?

My mother. Her resilience and bravery became the reason we made it this far. My family once felt so unfamiliar to me because of all the trouble we were doing, but here we are: conquered, happy and blessed. My dreams are driven by my desire to live the beautiful life my mother talked to me about. She never had it, but she still sees it. I wish to give it to her and be inspired living a beautiful one.






4.  If you had the opportunity to teach, what would it be about?

✨ Christianity. I love learning about God's Words and sharing what God has brought into my life. I feel most myself when I get to help someone believe in His promises.

✨ Foreign Languages. Wouldn't it be cool to understand and speak other words that only a handful of people know? And having to teach it to other aspiring students would make me the coolest teacher in the world!

✨ Neuropsychology. I also dreamed of becoming a neurosurgeon, but because my hand movements can be so ungraceful (cooking even becomes a bloody battlefield), maybe I should just contribute to research and in understanding how the brain and its connections with our behavior works.

5. What habit would you most like to break? What habit would you most like to start?

✨ Breaking the habit of spending so much time on social media. It's all wasted time but I can't get it off my list called 'relaxing activities'. 
✨ Starting the habit of praying. I've slowly started giving time in reading the Bible but I still have a lot of go in training my brain to pray even on the littlest moments in life.

6. How do you like to relax?

Watching aesthethic Youtube daily routines or animated Netflix shows with a cup of cold Calamansi juice, plus a vanilla-scented candle lighting the room. Just thinking about this makes me happy.





7. When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?

Creating an Upwork account and getting hired for the first time online. Most of my sideline jobs are under my mother's name, so I didn't have to go through the process of passing an actual application. But last month, I was able to send some and get hired for a one-time project. Trying out new things scare me as much as they excite me. It was worth the try!

8. Where do you feel the safest?

The place where I am right now--- in my own room and with my family. Thinking about this answer makes me more grateful. It's already a blessing to feel safe in your own house.



9. What qualities do you admire in others?

Simplicity. I tend to think and feel more than I should that people always perceive me as "too much". I am very slow to decide on things and I get frustrated about this because most of my time are wasted in thinking rather than doing. It would be nice not to think sometimes and look at things the way they normally are.

10, What practical skills do you wish you have?

Baking and gardening. We always want things we can't have, right? Ask me then. Why haven't you done them, Anne? Well, we don't own an oven obviously, and we don't have our own space at home to grow plants, obviously.

11. What is your favorite book/movie/song? 

I will answer this in the scope of the recent ones I've had:

Book : Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Movie : The Tale of Princess Kaguya - Studio Ghibli
Song :  no song without u - Honne (ps, check out their new album, please!)





12. What are some things you've had to unlearn?

I'm only lived for 22 years. I might sound unfitting to answer this question, as I've had more things to learn rather than to unlearn. But I have quite a few points to share:

"Life may be better if I have a boyfriend." - I didn't know how to stop wanting one since I was in high school. I was ready to break the rules to be in a relationship. Even if I knew that I'd look ridiculous back then, I still subconsciously want one. I can't help but swoon over cute boys who don't know me. (cringe!) It took me a shattering heartbreak to release that desire. And like everyone else, I grew up. Now, I feel more alive letting that go and accepting what truly counts: loving myself, loving the blessings God gave me, and loving Him, indeed.

"I will have everything I want if I worked hard for it." I used to put myself too much pressure trying to work things and have them my way. But as I walk closer with God, all those selfish desires now seem pointless. Priorities have changed and I started to loosen up and accept that nothing in this world makes sense except for the things that bring Him glory. God's plans are more beautiful than the shallow ones I had for myself. I let Him direct me instead. 

"Yellow is an ugly color." I missed out on this. High school self would've grossed herself out after learning I now use yellow shirts and journals. It's a happy color.





13. Why did you decide to do what you are doing now in life?

I'm working for the aviation industry because it excites me and still feels foreign to me even after years of becoming part of it. The airport, airplanes, the runway, and the thought of the vastness of this world gives me a sense of freedom and home. I dreamed of freely traveling, and still do. 





14. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?

Composing, creating, recording, and putting out my own song. I haven't done it because I don't think I can write and I haven't had the chance nor the money to connect with the right people who could work with me. I hope someday I will.




15. If you could invite anyone, living or dead, to a dinner, who would it be and why?

Taylor Swift, for sure! You wouldn't believe me if I tell you I've memorized all her songs. The way Taylor converses and thinks about life hooks me up all the time and makes me want to ask her so many questions and get some life advice and probably, make a duet. 

16. What makes you feel most alive?

Traveling. Seeing new places. Feeling the sun. Seeking the moon. Hearing the waves and the crickets. Looking at the sea sparkle. Watching the sun rise and the sun set. 








17. What small gesture from a stranger made the most impact in you?

I don't remember much but the first thing that came into my head was that little girl who returned a bus ticket I dropped on the way home. I was already low on money and I bought those bus tickets days ahead so I wouldn't have to worry about the next allowance. She probably doesn't even know what it was but her little mind must've known that it could be something important. 

18. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?

Yes. I am inadequate if I am to face the Living God in a year. I want to be in peace with Him in heaven, but I haven't proved anything yet. (Not that He wants me to prove myself. He already knows my worth!) I wasn't the best Christian during my early years, so I'm working to be better. If I die in a year, I would only want to spend my days serving and worshiping Him.




19. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

I'd force myself to sleep. Who would say no to sleep? Resting is a God-given blessing. Even the Father rested on the seventh day after creating the universe.

20. When is it acceptable, if ever, to disobey the law?

If it entails saving someone guiltless, I would disobey and fight against the law. The laws of men are flawed. Not even those written from the strongest countries would be enough to try to comprehend and go against the way life works and how deep human relationships can become. People will always go through hell to protect the people they love and deem righteous.

21. What questions would you ask yourself?

Anne, when will you start?




22. How do you want to be remembered in life?

Please remember me as someone moving like a wind. Gentle and strong. Fresh and fierce. Always around breathing hope and life.






Wow! If you made it down here, thank you for spending that much time on reading my thoughts. You are much appreciated and loved wherever you are in the world!

Here's to more growth, progress, meaningful realizations, and madness.

Anne.


(Unofficial pictures are taken from Tumblr and Google.)
 

4 comments: