Thursday, April 9, 2020

2020 - a quarter of favorites.

Hi, hope all is well.

March has been a tough month for most of us here in the Philippines. The entire country is currently under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) since 17th of March (when I celebrated my 22nd birthday). Everyone has been limited of their usual movements. Establishments are closed, and only one member of the household can go out to acquire goods needed for the entire period. Flights inbound are prohibited as well, but some flights bound internationally are still operating. Unfortunately, the airline company I currently work for have halted their flights for both domestic and international routes, leaving us employees with no choice but to take leaves until the situation permits us to operate again.

So since half of March, I have been spending my day at home. This week marks my 3rd round under ECQ, and I must say I've become blasé to the series of routines that I have in my current daily life. Sometimes I get absolutely tireless with these things inside my head, then days will come where I just wish I could sleep all the hours away. Nonetheless, I keep giving my praises to God for keeping me and my family under His grace--- safe and sound.

Since nothing has come up for the last 3 weeks, I want to share my favorites for the first quarter of 2020. Just the little things that made me happy for the past months.

✧ ✧ 

 Sweet Night - V of BTS.

I haven't watched Itaewon Class yet, and props to my dad for watching it first and I'm hearing binge-watching plans from him which is an indication of a good K-Drama. But being an ARMY, I am here for one of the drama's soundtrack sung by V or Taehyung of the BTS. I listen to it almost everyday and it somehow gives me instant peace and calmness. I've always found Taehyung's voice to be my favorite in the band because of its soulfulness. Side note: I will make sure to get a hold of Itaewon Class anytime this month.

✧ Charles and Keith - Black Basic Square Wallet

On my birthday, I only wished for a new wallet. I am fond of wallet since they actually carry all the most important things I need as a working adult. I've been eyeing on Charles and Keith for that time and saw this small black wallet which is compact enough for an everyday use. I got it on a Sunday before my birthday and it feels good to start a new year of my life with this. It's small but can definitely store enough number of cards and cash inside. You can pair it inside your small pouch or even just hold it with your hand when you plan to catch some quick errands outside.

✧ Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa

The album is insanely well-produced. I don't listen to Dua Lipa, but when Don't Start Now was playing everywhere (literally everywhere), I realized I totally dig this early pop feel of her album. Out of 14 tracks, I'm surprised that none felt inadequate to each other. Each track had its own fit for the rest of the entirety. Her voice fitted perfectly with what she was trying to portray, in this case, the early pop songs. So, let's say I shall be looking forward for top nominations with this. I played it nearly everyday since it came out and no doubt, I will be waiting more of her releases in the future.

✧ Didache - The Feast Books

Last December 2019, I attended the Kerygma Conference in IEC, Cebu. It was a life-changing Catholic gathering and it was exactly what I needed before the year 2019 ends. During the talks, they encouraged the audience to purchase their devotionals in preparation for 2020. I was convinced that if I wanted to spend more actual time talking to God and practicing my faith, I needed actual materials for my journey. So I bought this pocket book with bible reflections dated for each day of the year. Admittedly, there were days when I missed the reflections and I would feel guilty for doing so, but then I had to remind myself that God is actually so gracious towards me, so I should be too for myself. I try to catch up as quick as I could on my free times. I bring this book to work so I could take it out during commute going home. It's compact, simple, and I am thankful I had this kind of material to help remind of God's word even on the busiest of times.

✧ Osmeña Peak, Dalaguete

Around February, I convinced my parents to get some time off to the mountains of Dalaguete/Badian. This is a famous attraction in Cebu so I felt the need to see this place with my own eyes. My best friend Geneva who lived near me agreed to come with us. We departed early at 4 am since the drive would take us around 3 hours. Without a doubt, the place was magical. We were able to witness its beauty at early 7 am with the cold temperature and foggy skies and peak 10 am with the heat of the sun hitting us straight down. The view, the sky, the island beside Badian, everything was breathtakingly beautiful and the trail leading to the top was easy to take. Worth the wait.

✧ Money Heist, S4

I have been counting the days for this since the day I finished the previous seasons. Can I also point out that I always get this eerie feeling of watching Spanish movies? Their language just gives me so much familiarity. Anyways, I've been obsessed over this series hence the reason I finished the entire Season 4 in less than 24 hours. Slept at around 5 am the next day with tears in my eyes. Definitely one of my favorites. For Nairobi.

✧ ✧ 

Please keep praying for all those lost in the COVID-19 and for those fighting to help defeat this enemy. The world is in need of everyone's cooperation and prayers. May leaders and medical experts be given God's grace to find and create decisions that will cure all nations. Meanwhile, to us who are only required to stay at home, please do so. Practice social distancing, speak out for the oppressed, and always, always be grateful. You can play Sweet Night by V and remember, I am wishing for your calmness, like how this song does to me. My dad's been bugging me to finish making my mango shake, so that's it for now. 

Here's to the madness.

Anne x






No comments:

Post a Comment